Sunday, November 11, 2018

2mm English Foot Battalion - 1690

I'm experimenting today with how to paint these 2mm figure blocks. I've made a first attempt by painting a Williamite-era pike & shot English battalion.

In this case I blocked in colors and then did a dark ink wash over it all. Frankly, I feel like the wash screwed it up. The blocks are so small and there's so little actual detail the wash doesn't have much to highlight. I also ended up doing much more painting and re-painting that I wanted to do as I tried to figure out a best approach.

The key on these is they are supposed to look good from a distance, not close. These approach what I'm after, but my technique still needs a lot more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment