Saturday, May 18, 2019

Newsletter

I have things that I occasionally want to share that I don't want to do a blog post on for whatever reason. Usually I share these on Facebook, but I'm really not keen on Facebook for a number of reasons.

Email newsletters are a "blast from the past" that are coming back, largely as a reaction to the walled gardens of social media. If an email newsletter is good enough for Warren Ellis, it's good enough for me. I've set one up. You can subscribe over in the right-hand there on this blog, or via the subscribe page. Most likely a lot that's been posted to Facebook in the past will show up here.

Update: Well, this plan seems to be going awry. The newsletter software I chose to use, Tinyletter, is now owned by Mailchimp and is being phased out. That's probably why it refuses to send my newsletter. Why they're continuing to allow sign-ups is beyond me.

I'll be looking for an alternative, but it doesn't seem like there's much that really replaces Tinyletter. Everything else is really designed for marketing. I'm not marketing. I just want to send a newsletter. I'll be removing the subscription link from the sidebar until I can figure something out...


2 comments: