Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Command - Modern Naval/Air Operations

I've spent the evening playing Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, and even though I've only played the first tutorial scenario, I'm pretty pleased with the game thus far.  I didn't run into any obvious bugs; though I did notice some odd mission behavior by the planes assigned to a SEAD patrol mission.  This may well have been due to my own lack of understanding of how the game works as anything else.

I was so engrossed in playing I forgot to grab any screenshots, but I will tomorrow.  Until then, here's a quick snap of the map at the beginning of the Basic Air Operations Tutorial:

If you've played Harpoon on the PC, you'll find this easy to pick up.  The UI is much cleaner but conceptually many things are the same.  I felt right at home in the Mission Editor, for example.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment