Tuesday, December 11, 2012

CMBM 2

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy 2 is out.  After spending a few days looking at Panzer Commander Ostfront, the new engine in CMBN certainly looks pretty!

I like what I've seen so far of the interface improvements.  The upgrade is $10 at Battlefront, and brings CMBN in line with Combat Mission Fortress Italy in terms of engine and features.  This combined with the Red Turn DLC for Unity of Command would be enough to keep me busy for awhile - as if I didn't already have more to play than I have available hours!

2 comments:

  1. Wish they would upgrade the Shock Force game too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I couldn't agree with you more. Despite the past several postings, I'm much more into modern conflict sims than WWII. I've logged a lot of hours in CMSF.

    I believe I read that they are planning on releasing a CMSF 2, set in Europe. No idea the timing on that, though.

    ReplyDelete