Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 - Never Mind the Billhooks Deluxe Project


With the turn of the year I've decided to get started on a project I've wanted to tackle for a couple of years now. I'm very interested in the Never Mind the Billhooks rules from Andy Callan. I've had the original version since they were released, but have never played them. The release of the deluxe edition makes these rules even more interesting to me. since they cover other wars that I'm interested in, namely the Burgundian Wars and the Italian Wars. The Italian Wars in particular seem ripe for the sort of small battles these rules are designed for.

I have the complete Renaissance army set from Wofun Games already, originally bought to play with these rules (among others). I can get started playing with those immediately (I know what we're playing next week, David!). 


I've also ordered a box of War of the Roses plastic figures from Perry Miniatures to paint specifically for War of the Roses/Burgundian Wars games. My family gave me a set of the new Army Painter Speed Paints for Christmas; it's time to see how those work for quickly getting an army to the table.

I'm hopeful that this project will provide the inspiration for more frequent posting. I'm determined this year to get away from social media and return to the tools of a decade ago, like blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment