Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gaming Table and ATO Magazine

This weekend I finally managed to get a gaming table set up in my office/game room. I was just in time, too, because minutes after I set it up my first issue of Against the Odds magazine arrived.


I'm particularly excited because this issue focuses on Paul Rohrbaugh's A Thunder Upon the Land.  This game concerns the Great Northern War between the Swedes and Russians and portrays the battles of Narva and Poltava.


I really enjoy Paul's games. His chit- and card-pull systems make for elegant command rules and really enhance solitaire playability. In fact, the map you can see off to the left and the counters in the tray at the top are from his Test of Mettle game concerning three battles in France in September, 1944.

No comments:

Post a Comment